- The Firm
Gary Tibshirani, Partner & Director
Mr. Tibshirani is responsible for all projects at Engineering Harmonics. His experience in directing PMs and his understanding of the technical aspects underlying successful system design allow his teams to develop innovative solutions to the challenges created by space, performance requirements, and budget resources.
Having held senior positions at both manufacturing and supply firms, Gary provides expertise in all stages of a project’s development. His strength lies in assessing what is possible, and most importantly, what is appropriate.
Gary’s abilities as a problem solver and his quiet strength earn him the lasting respect and admiration of his clients and team members. His skills as a leader and facilitator stem from the fact that he has a passion for “places for learning and entertainment” and a genuine interest in people, in their perspectives and in the dynamics of communication that will define a successful team and project.
An enthusiastically dedicated audiophile, Gary has developed a profound, yet nuanced appreciation for technology that transparently delivers the highest sonic quality in the delivery and reproduction of music. He is passionate about good sound.
Over his career Gary has led innovative and award winning projects across several markets, most recently Dalhousie University School of Medicine, which was awarded ProAV and Architect Magazines' 2011 Spotlight Award for Best Healthcare Project in North America.
Gary’s portfolio includes:
- 2015 Pan American Games, Toronto
- Caesar’s Windsor Casino
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Toronto
- Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa
- Canadian War Museum, Ottawa
- Dalhousie Medical Education Program
- Department of Foreign Affairs, Ottawa
- Export Development Canada, Ottawa
- Guelph Civic Centre
- HSBC Bank, Hamilton, Bermuda
- IBM Centre for Software Development, Markham, Ontario
- Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, Toronto
- Mazagan Casino, Kingdom of Morocco
- National Ballet School, Toronto
- Rexall Centre, Toronto
- Richard Ivey School of Management, Western University, London
- Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto
With more than 60 projects in progress, Gary has helmed the growth of Engineering Harmonics into one of the largest multi-disciplinary practices in North America.
Education & Career Highlights
Gary holds a B.A. in economics and financial studies from Western University.
Gary is a member of Infocomm.